On 6-7 May, Cadets from 632 Phoenix Squadron and 75 Barrhaven Squadron will be participating in a joint-field training exercise (FTX) at CRPTC Connaught. Transportation is provided from the Squadron.
Drop off: 06:45hrs on 6 May at 1310 Chapman Mills Dr, Pierre Du-Blois HS
Pick up: 16:30hrs on 7 May at 1310 Chapman Mills Dr, Pierre Du-Blois HS
- Dress for the weather, make sure to have several layers to stay warm and bring rain gear.
- Cadets will be participating in a hike to get to the site. All kit must be able to be carried properly (Backpack).
- Cadets need to eat breakfast prior to arriving. All other meals provided are Meal, Ready-to-Eat (MRE). MRE
- Cadets with a food allergy/dietary restriction must complete this form.
Dress: C5 dress (FTU)
- Cadets may wear civilian layers with FTU as required.
- Should you not have an FTU, warm civilian clothing is acceptable. Remember to dress for the weather.
Medications: Medication as required (EpiPens, inhalers, etc.) Please see staff member on arrival. Administration will be following up with cadet who have medical restrictions on their cadet files.
Clothing (C5 FTU)
- Wedge / Cadet issued Tilly Hat / Cadet Toque
- Appropriate sleeping attire
- Issued Blue T-Shirt
- FTU Jacket
- FTU Pants
- Extra (4) Wool Socks or Suitable black/grey socks
- Cadet Parka / Rain Gear
- Issued Combat Boots
- Garbage Bags (2)
- Hygiene kit and Towel
- Canteen / Water Bottle (Full)
- Day Pack / Backpack
- Note pad
- Pen / Pencils
- Boot Polish / Brush
- Boot Bands
- Sleeping bag (Optional, one will be provided)
- Air Mattress (Optional, one will be provided)
- Food / Snacks.
- Knives or sharp objects (FSgts and above are permitted to bring knives (less than 4 inches)).
- Valuables (Sqn is not responsible for lost or stolen items).
- Alcohol, Drugs, or Tobacco Products.
Any forbidden items will be confiscated and returned to parent/guardian(s). Cadets in possession of certain items may be sent home or presented to the appropriate authorities.
Questions: [email protected]